Church of England has decided to release the its "Mission Shaped Church" report as a pdf file. There are 189 pages so if you havent purchased the book but are interested in giving it a read you can now own an electronic copy.
Society in Britain has changed dramatically in the last 30 years, especially in terms of our understanding of community and how we relate to one another. One of the responses of the Church has been to plant new churches and create ‘fresh expressions’ of church; churches that relate to our changing context. This detailed, practical and well-researched book:
* gives an overview of recent developments in church planting
* describes varied and exciting ‘fresh expressions’ of church
* offers practical help and advice
* looks candidly at where lessons can be learned
* proposes a framework and methodology for good, effective church planting
* includes recommendations to make possible the visions of a vibrant future Church
Each chapter has a set of questions and challenges to help local parish churches engage with the issues.
With a foreword by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, Mission-Shaped Church is a crucial tool for all who care about God’s mission today. You can download the book for free from: http://www.cofe.anglican.org/info/papers/mission_shaped_church.pdf